After Care Program
After Care is available for students in grades PK-8 from 2:30pm to 5:30pm (MTThF) and 2:05pm to 5:30pm (W). After Care is available on most scheduled half days, however, some half days due to faculty professional development may result in a cancelation.
Appropriate registration forms and paperwork must be completed before students are allowed to attend the program. The program begins right after school. Groups are divided based on student age and appropriate staff coverage is provided. Families must ensure pick up no later than 5:30pm!
After Care hours/availability is tentative to change based on weather, early dismissals, or school calendar. Please be sure to note any notices sent home via the School Office indicating changes to the schedule.
Payments may be made by cash or check. Checks should be made out to St. JosephSchool. If your pickup time exceeds 5:30 P.M., an extra’s day payment will be charged. Payments must be made weekly for your child(ren) to continue in the program. If you pick up your child later than 5:30 P.M. more than three times, your child(ren) will not be able to attend the program. Thank you for your cooperation.
There will be no after-school daycare on early dismissal days due to inclement weather, half days prior to a holiday or vacation, conference days or on the last day of school. Please be attentive to the forecast during the winter months so you can plan accordingly.
If your child has medication (prescribed by doctor) in the nurse’s office at school, he/she will need that same medication for the after-care room. This medication must be signed in with Mrs. Roy, and it will be kept in a locked box in the classroom.
A Pre-K 3 & 4 child may only attend the after-school program if he/she is able to use the bathroom independently without assistance from a teacher. He/she must be socially/emotionally ready to attend a full day session. The after-school teachers will determine this within the first few weeks of the program.
HOMEWORK FOR GRADES 1-8 CAN BE DONE IN AFTER-CARE!
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the school office (860-582-8696), and I will return your call as soon as possible. If you need to reach the program after regular school hours, please call(860) 202-3827.
Thank you for allowing us to take great care of your child(ren)!
After Care Rates
Prices - GRADES K-8:
- $5.00 daily for each child if pickup time is prior to 3:15pm. (MTThF) and 2:50pm (W)
- $13.00 daily for 1 child-pickup by 5:00pm
- $17.00 daily for 2 children-pickup by 5:00pm
- $20.00 daily for 3 children-pickup by 5:00pm
THERE WILL BE AN ADDITIONAL $5.00 CHARGE PER FAMILY IF PICKUP EXCEEDS 5:00pm
Prices - PRE-K 3 & 4:
- Same as above with an additional $5.00 charge if pick-up is after 4:00pm
- Same as above with an additional $10.00 charge if pick-up is after 5:00pm (includes the above family fee if pick-up is after 5:00pm)
On Days with a 12:30pm Dismissal
- After Care will be closing on regularly scheduled Half Days at 3pm.
- There will be NO After Care on Early Dismissal Days due to inclement weather, half days prior to a holiday/vacation, conference days, and/or the last day of school.