With the global Coronavirus pandemic, many things have been put on pause. One thing that you should still be able to do is find that "right school" for your child. To help families during this difficult and unique time, St. Joseph School is in the process of building a "virtual tour" of our school for you to visit from the comfort of your own home. We will be updating this page with new pictures of our campus as well as samples of work our students are continuing to do through online and "distance" learning options. Our mission is "to provide the highest quality of spiritual and academic education" and this doesn't take a break during global pandemics!
Below you will find our "virtual tour" which will continue to evolve as we move forward. Please also check out the rest of our website and teacher pages and use the "Contact Us Today!" option under the Admission tab if you have questions or would like more information!
See Mr. Frentte's letter to families here.
Mrs. Marchak's YouTube Channel:
Check out our PK 4 teacher's YouTube channel that she uses to share her Morning Meetings and fun activities with her students!
Story Time with Mrs. Marchak!
Mrs. Atwood's YouTube Channel!
Mr. Frenette's Inaugural Streaming Morning Announcements
Some helpful activities and resources for our Pre-K friends!
Science Experiments to Try!
Below are some Science experiments you can try with your children, they are fun and each have pretty simple house materials. Enjoy these and have fun. Remember to post pictures or videos to bloomzs if you decide to do any of these experiments
Sink or Float Nature Box https://myboredtoddler.com/
What Melts in the sun https://frugalfun4boys.com/
Science NATURE scavenger hunt https://toddleratplay.com/
2018/08/22/ exploringtheoutdoorsscavengerh unt/
Resources for you to do on your computer/Ipad:
ABC mouse is offering a 30 day free trial for you to use their website. This website has some great games, videos and much more. If you are stuck in the house on a rainy day or snow day (as the weather says this week), take a peak at ABC mouse! https://www.abcmouse.com/abt/
Free Resources to Use at Home!
A lot of resources have been made available to students, families, and educators alike. Keep checking back here for a list of the newest and best free resources available!
- Sadlier Academic Resources: https://www.sadlierconnect.com/anonymous/resources.html
- Sadlier Faith Resources: https://www.religion.sadlierconnect.com/anonymous/resources.html
- A Digital Library of Story Books and Chapter Books: www.getepic.com
- Virtual Field Trips for All Ages: https://www.weareteachers.com/best-virtual-field-trips/
- Free Resources from Scholastic! https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/teaching-tools/articles/resources/scholastic-learn-at-home--free-resources-for-school-closures.html#
- Daily Mass with Bishop Barron: https://www.wordonfire.org/daily-mass/
- PBS Learning Media Galleries: https://cptv.pbslearningmedia.org/
- Wide Range of Resources for Middle School and High School Students: http://www.schoolshelf.com/ms-el/
- Educational Videos from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's YouTube page: YouTube
MORE TO COME SOON!
Check out how SJS students are keeping busy during our "break" for routine!
(Keep checking back for updated projects, student work, teacher Zoom sessions, and more!)
Zoe Godreau's Egg Drop Project
Sunday Mass from Home...
Our Pre-K 3 & 4 Classrooms:
Some of Our Elementary Classrooms
St. Joseph School's Technology Center, Science Lab, and Library!